Skip to content

Sewing Project: Apron

July 31, 2011

For my next project after the elephant skirt, I decided to use this strawberries fabric I had previously bought to make an apron. I looked around for different patterns (including trying to come up with my own) before I found this one in a book called Amy Butler’s In Stitches which I liked.

This was a fun project since I learned new techniques but at the same time didn’t have to deal with body measurements. I feel like I’m getting better at sewing (less pulling the fabric through as opposed to just letting it feed) which will get me one step closer on my next project.

So here’s a few pictures of the apron which ultimately was part of a birthday gift for my friend Anna (other parts of gift will be documented here later since also hand made).

Close up of pocket which was the first part sewed. My stitching did improve from this later on.

Bottom edge, you can see some improvement in my stitches, but still need work.

how it looks worn.

Advertisements
No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: